Wednesday 2 March 2011

A start?

As I want to be a Journalist I have researched...

Since the middle of Year 10 I realised my passion for English and my passion for writing. This inspired me to want to be a Journalist. I love writing as I find it a way to express myself creatively...

During researching Journalism I found that some companies like to see portfolios of previous works, so I asked for an interview with the writer of our school newspaper. This interview was asking permission to write an article in which I could use for my future portfolio - I was given permission; I am hopefully going to write an article about an upcoming event, which happens to be the Easter concert. I am really excited about doing this article, as the instructions I was given in order to write and prepare were just like my expectations of Journalism: interviewing, attending rehearsals and maybe the event itself, taking photographs and writing up an article based on my opinion of the event and also quotations from participants and my own photography. I am quite scared about writing the article as it will be my first formal article - and hopefully one of very many in the future if I succeed in being a Journalist!

I hope the article goes well, the Easter concert is in April, so the article will be written soon... I shall update Blogger on how I get on and if I am enjoying/have enjoyed the Journalism type experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment