Sunday 13 March 2011

Japan...

Such devastation that happened so suddenly...

The first I heard of the bereaved earthquake in the epicentre of Japan causing a horrendous tsunami was in school, I overheard a conversation about how Japan is now a devastating apocalypse due to such disfortune of an earthquake, which had no sense of warning or inclination.

As soon as I got home I searched on the Internet about the earthquake and my eyes were shocked to see such an unbelievable, surreal scenery of what seemed to be a waste land... But was in fact, once a place with inhabitants that lived their lifes in their own home, own safety as we do. So suddenly their lifes fell apart once this natural disaster struck: splitting families, damaging crops, ripping homes and the tsunami tossing cars and boats as if they were toys - the sight was upsetting.

The next day we purchased the local newspaper to find on the front such distressing images of what Japan has become, a land without life and most of all any evidence of living. What I saw was no more than broken solitude which once was populated with housing and people.

The devastation caused by a natural disaster...
I couldn't imagine the feelings and emotions people felt as the ground shook beneath them, as their houses fell or were swept away by the tidal movement of the tsunami. I couldn't imagine the fear in their eyes as they witnessed a disaster that will live with them - continous flashbacks, and witnessing people around them dying and suffering from aftershocks and the pain of loss.

Reading and seeing the visual damage of the disaster made me realise how lucky we are, how we are in a safe place, and that we always complain about the environment and those people always concerned about 'health and safety' when we are a hundred times better off than those poor, disfortunate people in countries such as Japan who have the constant risk and anxiety of when they will next be affected by natural disasters. I wish I could help those poor innocent people in Japan, I send my prayers and hope they will be okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment