Monday 28 March 2011

Life

We all wonder about the world and it's 'ways' but what some of us don't understand is the pain and suffering and the constant 'life cycle'...

I sometimes wonder why this world allows us to be in pain and suffering, in this case for some of us, diagnosed with illnesses such as Cancer. I have heard different reasons why people believe we are 'chosen' to suffer or to pass away. Some of these being that the 'too good' people are chosen to pass away, to go to some place better - being Heaven, and others say that it is a test of a family or a person to see how they cope and react to losing someone. To me, I understand why people pass away due to illnesses, but so harshly, quickly and painfully - this is unfair - life is unfair. Yes, the world can be overcrowded so there has to be some mortality, but why with such horrible conditions for example Cancer, why not be given a ticket? How silly it sounds I know, but this way of life would bring much more ease to a family than living with someone constantly suffering, and commonly coming out of their suffering by passing away.

Not just passing away, but the wars, the natural disasters... All pain and suffering, if the world is so good and special why can't these be stopped, or is it us? Us causing all this mess and destruction? Do we bring it upon ourselves? We are obviously here for a purpose, and that purpose I am unsure of - everyone is unsure of. The life cycle is all the same: birth which brings happiness, growing up which brings mixed emotions, and then finally death which brings sadness, why are we here if this is the constant cycle? I've always wondered to myself. Life is a struggle most of the time, and for me at the moment: GCSEs and deciding my future. I have not yet experienced 'life' as it goes, but I am not looking forward to the future, there are so many decisions, which me being indecisive will find very difficult. Yes, decision making is not exactly 'pain and suffering' but it isn't exactly happiness.

Hopefully one day the purpose of life will be found out, as if we all knew the meaning we would live life to the full, and some of us who can't wait until the next day and not living for today, will understand that everyday counts...

No comments:

Post a Comment