Sunday 25 September 2011

Unconfidence.

At this moment of time I was just about to redo my English Literature homework...

This English Literature homework which was to write an analysis on an opening of a novel in 500 words (due to it being such a strict word count, I am finding it near enough impossible, but it is essential I stick to this). I wrote this analysis and I got Miss to check through, as I was near 500 words and I was no where near finishing it; Miss marked my analysis, and in her own words "crossed out some waffle" which basically means sections which were irrelevant (but to me seemed good at the time), she then commented at the end saying "make sure you use concise expression and also, accurate grammar and punctuation", I actually feel quite stupid to know that to her I haven't used "accurate grammar and punctuation", surely this is basic English knowledge? Just because I didn't use a full stop before the word "this". I know that her comments are 'constructive criticism', however I thought my analysis was ok, but after recieving comments back from it I feel I can't do it - which sounds really dramatic, but it has honestly knocked my confidence. I have read my friend's analysis and it is brilliant, I just feel I will never be up to a good standard like I was in GCSE, I feel like I have literally forgotten to write properly - simply.
    I am just finding Alevel so hard and daunting... I want to do so well, it is essential I do so, it's the decider of my future - saying I am worried is an understatement, I am petrified. I am finding my Alevels so hard, all the terminology, context etc. I thought it would take only days to settle in, but I feel days will turn into months. I have no confidence whatsoever in myself, I never really have when it came to school work, I am confused on what to do to build my confidence...

No comments:

Post a Comment