Wednesday 14 September 2011

The next step up…

From posting recently I have moved to the ‘next step up’… By step up I mean educationally, from GCSEs to Alevels – step to me is an understatement, it feels like a leap!

I posted my GCSE results and I am proud of what I achieved and thought positively about Alevels, as I believed by doing well in GCSEs that Alevels would be slightly harder and more challenging, but I was wrong. I have been in Sixth form for five days so far, some lessons in these days have been introductory, so no hard work just yet, however in others we are starting the work.

     I am terrified by listening to the amount of work each course entails, and by viewing example exam questions and even essay questions, this positivity I once had, has now disappeared to a place which I feel I will never gain this back from. I know feeling negative isn’t the right frame of mind, but at the moment I cannot feel differently. I really want to enjoy these two years in Alevel as it is possibly the last real education I will receive, unless I go to University – which I am hoping to do. I am enjoying my lessons so far, but are finding them quite hard: more independence, more time to myself, more thinking ‘out of the box’ – which I am unsure of how to do and essays and exams quickly approaching.

     I hope, wish and pray that I do well in my first year of Alevel… I would be absolutely over the moon! I just need to feel more positive and have more confidence in myself, which I have been told I lack. I hope everyone is enjoying their time after year 11 with whatever they have chosen to do – good luck to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment