Monday 24 January 2011

'Blue Monday', seemed 'normal' to me.

Well 'Blue Monday' was supposedly last Monday, but had been changed to today: Monday 24th January...

Hoping we didn't have an assembly due to exams today, dreading the lectures and repeated exaggeration of behavioural 'issues' etc, unfortunately enough for me, and many others in year 11 there was infact an assembly! As per normal lining up, going in, sitting down, looking for the teacher taking the assembly... We all sat there silent. The assistant head took the assembly, and whilst introducing it she mentioned that it was apparently 'a special day' which totally confused me and others judging by the looks on their faces, she mentioned her husband's birthday which had absolutely no relevance of any sort, and her phone even went off - always breaking the silence in assembly, at least there is some 'action/amusement'. The 'special day' was infact 'Blue Monday' which I had no clue about, judging by 'blue' I guessed depression, but why today of all days? Well apparently it's a 'calculation' used including: amount of debt we are all in, loss of the Christmas spirit and a mixture of other things - all seems rather odd to me. Why have a 'Blue Monday', it is probably all physcological, if no mathematical braniac worked out and equasion and put forward the idea half the people today would have been 'normal' - no one would have noticed 'depression'. To me everyone was just in the same old mood... revision, exams, teachers and others - complete stress. 'Blue Monday'? A bit of a farce to me...

2 comments:

  1. wow, you really sound intelligent in that blog. I Agree i dont think a certain day can be the most depressing day? i mean imagine if you won the lottery today or got in a new relationship surely you wouldnt be depressed just because its "blue monday" they could say that about every monday, simply because its monday. Load of bollocks if you ask me ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you! I love blogging now... Think maybe it could be the new obsession? Facebook has competition.
    Yeah it is pretty much a load of rubbish, one day to make someones life 'depressing'... Maybe, just maybe, there could be a 'Sunshine day' I would love to see that!

    ReplyDelete