Tuesday 1 November 2011

Quotations which I love…

I love quotations, due to their inspiration, and they way I think and look at the world, and in most cases not the world, but life.

A description of a snow globe: “The two of us watched the snow fall gently around the penguin. The penguin was alone in there, I thought, and I worried for him. When I told my father this, he said, “Don’t worry, Susie, he has a nice life. He’s trapped in a perfect world.” ~ The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Describing the imperfections of this world, and how if we were enclosed, we wouldn’t be vulnerable, we’d be safe ‘wrapped in cotton wool’ as they say, therefore this illusion of a world in a snow globe is perfect.

“But if it’s a story, even in my head, I must be telling it to someone. You don’t tell a story only to yourself. There’s always someone else. Even when there is no one” ~ The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. They’ll always be someone who will listen to you, even though you may feel alone… The world is endless.

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?” ~ John Lennon. Nothing can distort or change your beliefs, you control your own mind, and what you believe is true, it’s what’s clear and accepted in your own mind. Our minds are vacuums of endless thoughts, dreams and intellect.

“Reality leaves a lot to the imagination” ~ John Lennon. What we perceive as real, makes us wonder in our own minds what could be real, what reality could evolve into. Reality is what shapes our creativity within our mind.

“I think , therefore I am” ~ René Descartes. I think, therefore I exist, our knowledge enables us to prosper.

“The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences” ~ Saint Augustine. Don’t believe what you read, you must witness these things for yourself – explore discoveries, thus experience the unknown.

“Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught” ~ Oscar Wilde. What you learn yourself through your life experiences, are essential, they are enriched with knowledge and intelligence. What you are taught is none other than a pass along of what another has discovered, every fact in education starts with a discovery of an individual.

I have other quotations which inspire me, however I will not continue, otherwise this blog post will be endless…

No comments:

Post a Comment