Tuesday 1 January 2013

My New Year 'Resolutions'

2011, 2012, now 2013. Once again, another year has passed... It has flown by. And, a very Happy New Year to you all! Many of us can't believe it, and I am certainly one of these people. Perhaps it's the fact I'm getting 'older' now. With this 'age' comes deadlines and maybe, just maybe, these deadlines are time slots which we meet and complete. The next week we then receive another deadline and so on... Life is just a whole load of deadlines, especially in Sixth Form.

This year will be a very exciting one: I'm turning 18 in March, I'm going on holiday in the summer! The scariest thing of all, I may be going off to University if I receive my grades in September!

Every year I think to myself on 31st December, before the clock strikes midnight what my intentions are for the new year coming in... This 2013 I have a list of things I want to do, things I want to achieve and most of all things I truly wish to stick to. I'll put my hands up... yes... I am guilty for breaking resolutions, but hopefully now this brand new year will keep me determined and dedicated!

  1. This has been my aim every single year, but I have yet to complete it: Be more confident
  2. Stop worrying about silly little things
  3. Stop over analysing everything
  4. Only help those who help you
  5. Become more motivated for A2
  6. Receive my grades to get into my 'firm' choice for University
  7. Just be myself, if people don't like it, I don't like them
  8. Say how you feel rather than keep it in
  9. Stop eating rubbish and start toning for the summer holiday
  10. Spend more time with those who mean the most to me... We all take time for granted as time goes so quickly... We only ever really appreciate things when they're gone, but this year I'm going to appreciate every moment. It has dawned on me this is the year I may be off to University if I receive my grades (fingers crossed) therefore I need to spend as much time with my friends and family as I possibly can, as they mean the world to me and I'll miss them like crazy... I honestly don't know how I'll survive!
  11. Spend money wisely
  12. Be more open about things which worry me
  13. Just take life as it comes - don't plan ahead
  14. Whatever happens happens, and someone very special to me told me "you know when you know" and that's what I'm going to follow this year
  15. Stop worrying about the future, live in the moment
  16. Don't regret things, they will happen for a reason - they were right at the time
I can't think of any more right now, but I am sure over the next few weeks, resolutions will pop into my head...

I hope you all have a very successful 2013, especially those who have so far, made my years memorable and rewarding.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Nadine, and to you DQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Melissa - I hope you have a great one. I must say that I have fallen in love with your Resolution 16 - and I'm going to steal it. It's perfect. I hope that this year brings you everything that you could possibly wish for, and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you very much Amber that really means a lot to me. You honestly have a heart of gold! I wish you the upper most best for this year, as you truly deserve it! I love number sixteen and I need to believe it! We definitely need to get a coffee soon!

    ReplyDelete