Thursday 19 April 2012

Growing up too fast!

Recently, I have turned seventeen and inside I remain to feel like the vulnerable, shy, quiet little girl who began in Year 9... Who's mind would constantly ponder at the thought of where my next class would be in order to prevent getting lost and turning up late to lessons. My mind is still in the mindset of who I was 4 years ago... Perhaps it is because I dislike the thought of growing up: accepting all responsibility, leaving Upper School and my family and friends to hopefully attend a good University. Leaving everything which was once a comfort to me - all things familiar. However ludicrous this may sound... I wish this world could stop or rewind, just to relive moments when life was easier and had no worries, where colouring in would be my idea of novelty. Now, my idea of novelty is being free from the strains and stresses of sixth form, whether it is listening to music, listening to a friend or family member, or perhaps the sound of peace. I honestly never want to grow up... Life is too fast, yet too short. In a way, I am curious for the future: who I'll be, who I will meet in terms of friends and perhaps a boyfriend or husband. Whether I'll be in a career I'll love, whether I'll live somewhere I'll feel safe, and whether everything in education has paid of. I shall soon find out... Adulthood is quickly approaching...

No comments:

Post a Comment